As you might already know Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency/digital wallet. It is paperless, bank-less and state-less and allows people to pay directly for goods and services without any middlemen involvement (banks). Sounds amazing, isn’t it? [Read more…]
Safe browsing has always been under discussion by programmers, social engineers and the users alike. Google has taken numerous remedial actions with Google Safe Search on making the search engine safe from various malware and phishing. Once Google flags the website to be insecure, the website will be removed from the search results. But as soon as the website is secure again, the warnings are removed and the website will be added to the search index again, then this annoyance resurfaces and vulnerable users are the sufferers in the end. [Read more…]
A choice that you should consider!
Privacy has always been a basic right that has been appreciated and promoted by western societies. With the advent of the technological revolution, another Pandora’s Box of complications opened up with regards to the protection of privacy online.
Do you know the Internet and the widespread usage of email with traditional forms of communication all steadily being replaced with online communication, the need to define users’ privacy rights is becoming ever more important?
It appears to be a hidden feature, you can still create a restore disk in Windows 10 and write it to a CD or DVD. In the new control panel this is not possible, but continue reading to see how to solve this issue! This tutorial will show you how to create a restore disk for Windows 10 on a CD or DVD.
You might know what ownCloud is, that ownCloud is extremely easy to set up. This article is about Firefox Sync, the new service of Mozilla Firefox.
There’s a plugin available that creates a ‘wave’ server, that’s the protocol used to sync Firefox. Witht his plugin you’ll be able to sync firefox with your own server and your other devices.
This plugin enables you to sync your passwords, bookmarks and settings to all your devices that run Firefox (Android, Winodws, Linux and Mac OS if you will).
Here we go:
- Download the plugin (http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/?content=155251) and put it in the app-dir (/var/www/owncloud/apps).
- Don’t forget to change the permissions (depending on your webserver, with me it was www-data:www-data with 755).
- Log in on your ownCloud installation and go to Apps (in the upper-right menu), enable “Mozilla Sync Service“
- Edit your own account and fill out your email address.
- Copy the URL that appears at the bottom of the page (see image)
- Open Firefox and go to sync settings (firefox-button->sync), choose ‘new account’. Fill out the details according to your personal page in ownCloud.
- Click Next.
Adding other devices
After setting this up, you can add other devices, follow the instructions in this video to do so: